- Your project is in line with the national strategy of the intervention country.
- The project is participatory and partnership-based: it is designed and implemented in conjunction with the relevant populations and with recognized local and/or international partners, and fosters capacity building.
- The project aims at scaling-up through the close involvement of local and/or national authorities, and support advocacy initiatives to promote policies favorable to the replication of the developed approaches.
- The project delivers sustainable and measurable results, based on appropriate concrete action, contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
- The project encourages innovation whenever possible.
- The project contributes to fighting climate change, by taking into account its expected effects (adaptation) but also, when possible, by tackling greenhouse gas emissions (mitigation).
- The project encourages an entrepreneurial approach and the development of local businesses that create jobs and ensure sustainability and replication.
- The project promotes the empowerment of women, whenever possible, and encourages genuine participation by women in all stages and at all levels of project implementation, particularly in coordination and governance bodies.
- Your proposal will provide a detailed assessment of the specific situation of women in the target area and the project will include a Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) component. Otherwise, this will be justified. See the FAQ on this topic.
- The project promotes a rights-based approach and encourages shared responsibility between all stakeholders, including the poorest and most vulnerable, community or business organizations, and those in positions of power (institutional, economic, social, religious, etc.).
- The project budget (in euros) makes provision for mid-term and final evaluations. It indicates the costs to be covered by Fondation Ensemble, including administrative costs (10% maximum of direct costs) that incorporate head office support costs.
- Your proposal contains a forecast funding plan, listing the names of donors and their envisaged, acquired or confirmed contributions. Even if your project is selected by the Foundation, a grant agreement can only be signed when at least 75% of the funding (including the Foundation’s contribution) has been confirmed, with supporting documentary evidence.
- Your NGO and/or your implementing partner must be registered and allowed to work in the intervention country.
- Your NGO must have been in existence for at least three (full) years and have an annual budget of at least € 500 000.
- The proposal must be written in French or in English.
Further questions? You can also consult our FAQ.