2016 calls for proposals
We are pleased to inform you that our 2 calls for proposals for 2016 are now open:
1. Program fund: large-scale projects in all our focus sectors, and in our focus intervention countries:
- 4 focus sectors: sustainable agriculture, sustainable fishing, marine and terrestrial (fauna and flora) biodiversity conservation, sustainable technologies
- Focus intervention countries: Ecuador, Peru, Cambodia, Laos, Mozambique.
For Sustainable fishing and Biodiversity conservation projects only: Mauritania, Senegal, Gambia, Cape Verde, Liberia, Sierra Leone.
This year, besides the usual selection criteria available here, the call promotes initiatives resolutely contributing to the fight against climate change through:
- adaptation activities to help populations, in particular the most exposed and vulnerable, to cope with and to weaken the already visible and planned consequences of climate changes (seasons shift and variability, storms and cyclones, droughts, floods,…);
- mitigation activities to reduce emissions and/or to store greenhouse gaz.
Solutions can rely on new practices and technologies, or on traditional knowledge that demonstrated their interest in the past.
These solutions are known, and as much as applying them, the proposed projects should promote scaling up methodologies by partnering with organizations and authorities, through awareness raising activities, advocacy, and working on public policies, at a local, regional or even national level, which are essential drivers of any scaling up.
Some focus sectors are more appropriate to tackle climate change, but our 4 intervention sectors are all concerned, and can include such objectives.
2. ‘Threatened animal species’ small projects
For these small projects (€10,000 maximum grant), there are no other specific conditions than our usual selection criteria (available here).
For the two calls for proposals:
Proposals not meeting the indicated conditions and selection criteria will not be reviewed. The deadline for sending the concept notes, whatever the call, is February 1st, 2016.
Concept notes may only be sent through our website. Beware : downloading and sending the concept note form is only possible if you have followed each step one after the other.
We wish you all a lovely holiday season.
The Fondation Ensemble team